We are seeking a Catering Assistant to work term time plus some School Holiday Letts 42 weeks per year Monday to Sunday 35 hours per week.
Set in stunning 300 acres, Worksop College is a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work. Every member of the team must be committed to delivering the highest quality and standard of catering service.
The Catering Assistant will be responsible for ensuring that all Catering areas are cleaned and maintained to a high standard. They are also required to assist with the service of food and beverages throughout the School.
The kitchen is a busy operation offering a food service to students, staff and visitors to the College, which includes the commercial lets business which takes place outside of term-time. The team is comprised of Chefs and Catering Assistants who are responsible for delivering high quality food from scratch.
Our ideal candidate will have previous experience of working in a busy catering environment with the ability to work at a fast pace.
You must have excellent communication skills, be able to work on your own initiative and be neat, clean and tidy. You will have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the importance of kitchen hygiene and food preparation, ideally with a Food Hygiene Certificate. Waiting on experience would be an advantage but not essential.
- Assist with the setting up service counters, serving food and clear down of area afterwards within the main dining hall area and boarding houses
- Assist with the cleaning of all crockery, cutlery and service utensils within the plate room area
- Ensure the highest possible standards of presentation by ensuring that displays, fixtures, fittings and premises are maintained in accordance with the cleaning schedule
- Contribute towards the delivery of hospitality and events around site including the set-up, service and clear down as required
- Deal with customer queries or requests in a polite and efficient manner
- Present a smart, professional appearance and good personal hygiene
- Maintain standards of safety and hygiene per legislation and other statutory requirements
As the employment is within a school it is necessary for us to undertake Enhanced DBS and reference checks for successful applicants.
To apply, please complete our online application form below.