35 hours over 5 days, Saturday to Friday working a 4 shift rotating system between 6.30 am to 7.30 pm (no split shifts), 35 weeks per year.
£9.80 per hour.
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic and professional Chef who will care passionately about the quality of our food.
You will prepare and cook, in conjunction with other chefs, menus and dishes for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner service as well as for special events. Chefs must work with and handle all kinds and types of food.
Key areas of responsibility will be to:
- Prepare and cook meals as directed to the highest possible standards.
- Assist with planning menus taking account of the provision of a well-balanced diet for all.
- Help and advise on ordering.
- Be available for duty and additional hours at specified dates for functions such as weddings and dinners.
- Ensure the highest standards of cleanliness, safety and compliance with hygiene regulations.
You must have excellent communication skills and experience in working as a Chef in a busy environment. You must be able to work on your own initiative, with-a-hands on approach to working in the department.
If you feel you have the relevant skills, experience and the passion to make this role a success, please complete our online application form below.
Please note; CVs may be sent in addition to, but not instead of the completed application form and covering letter.
Worksop College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service)
Please note we are a no smoking site.
Closing date: 23rd August 2021
Please note, if you have not heard from us by 5th September 2021, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.