Worksop College & Ranby House Preparatory School
Hours: Full time
Location: Worksop College (although travel to Ranby House will be required)
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the county’s leading independent schools. Worksop College and Ranby House Preparatory School are situated in over 350 acres of stunning grounds. Inspiring pupils to succeed in the classroom and beyond, we offer outstanding facilities and deliver high academic standards.
An opportunity has arisen to recruit an experienced, hands on, proactive and professional Plumber and Gas Fitter.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Plumber and Gas Fitter supports the Maintenance Manager in ensuring the effective maintenance and control of the school’s heating systems.
- The role covers a wide variety of areas and requires considerable of knowledge, adaptability and flexibility. These are critical to the smooth running of the School as a 24/7 operation.
- In addition you will be responsible for gas safety compliance as defined by the Gas Safe Register.
- Principal responsibilities cover four key areas – maintenance of the plumbing, heating and hot water services including legionella management, preventative works, reactive maintenance and scheduled gas safety inspections, commercial experience desirable.
- Project work as an additional task.
- Have the ability to work to tight deadlines and complete work within our tight timescales and to the required standards.
- Have excellent problem solving skills
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Commercial experience is desirable
- ACS qualified
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience.
Please note: You will be required to work occasional Saturday mornings 8am – 12pm during term times.
To be “on call” for emergencies for 26 weeks per year. If you are called in to work for an emergency you will receive time off in lieu.
If you wish to apply for the role, please complete the application form below.
Please note: CVs may be sent in addition to, but not instead of the completed application form and covering letter.
Worksop College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service).
Please note we are a no smoking site.
Closing date: 9am Monday 26 August 2019
Please note, if you have not heard from us by 30 August 2019, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.