Temporary School Shop Assistant
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the county’s leading independent schools. Worksop College and Ranby House Preparatory School are situated in over 350 acres of stunning grounds. Inspiring pupils to succeed in the classroom and beyond, we offer outstanding facilities and deliver high academic standards.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensuring that the stock is displayed correctly and replenished when necessary.
- Serving in the Tuck shop during busier periods using PASS system.
- Serving in the main shop using the PASS system as required.
- Checking in deliveries and reporting any discrepancies to the School Shop Manager.
- Labelling goods with barcodes.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the whole shop and collecting appropriate cleaning items from internal stores.
- Record second hand items on PASS and label up ready for sale.
- Answering the telephone and passing on information as required.
- Assist with the end of year stocktaking.
- To work as a team member with the School Shop.
Required Skills and Experience
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in uniform fittings is an advantage but not essential.
- Experience is using Microsoft Word and Excel.
This is a part-time, temporary role for 6 months, with the potential to go permanent.
The hours vary between 16-40 per week, 4-5 days per week Monday-Saturday with an hourly rate of £8.21.
To apply, please complete the application form below.
Please note; CVs may be sent in addition to, but not instead of the completed application form and covering letter.
Worksop College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service).
Please note we are a no smoking site.
Closing date: 9am on Friday 19th July 2019
Please note, if you have not heard from us by 23rd July 2019, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.