Here at Worksop College, we understand that being a forces family can be a challenging experience. We realise that a child with family members in the forces may have experiences that other children cannot comprehend. Being a forces family cannot always be understood by those not involved – but we certainly try our very best.
Nothing is quite as difficult as having to move at very short notice, to be sent into a conflict zone with little or no way of contacting loved ones, or having to keep a family and home together whilst a partner is away for extended periods. We do, however, understand that no two forces families are the same, and what may effect one child, may not phase another. That’s why we take time to understand each child and their experience as an individual.
At Worksop College we know how important it is to create a ‘home-from-home’ for our students. We have had years’ worth of experience accommodating boarders, overseas students and forces families, so it is not surprising that community feeling is woven into the fabric of the school. Understandably, parents want a caring, consistent and supportive atmosphere for their children to flourish – we can provide you with that.
We have a sympathetic and listening ear – our staff will understand and appreciate the emotional needs of your child.
Why Worksop College & Ranby House?
- Independent co-education for children aged 3-18
- Brand new boarding accommodation worth 4.1 million
- 15% discount for all families
- Regular, named contact for overseas parents
- Beautiful location in the middle of a National Trust area
- The only independent school in the UK with its own 18-hole golf course and TrackMan
- Full sports facilities, including swimming pool, gym, tennis courts, squash courts and cricket pitches
- Combined Cadet Force (CCF)
- Dedicated Junior House for Year 7&8