We are moving forward with business contingency planning to ensure we remain financially sustainable for the future and to safeguard employment for our staff.
We are now moving into the next stage of the action we need to take, accessing the support available to us through the Government’s Coronavirus Job Staff Retention Scheme (CJR Scheme).
We are looking for colleagues to confirm to us whether they would be willing to volunteer for furlough under the CJR Scheme, so we can avoid the need for any unpaid leave or redundancy.
What is Furlough?
Furlough is a temporary period of leave to help us deal with the fact that there is no work available for some employees at this time due to the impact of COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Anyone can apply (although non-teaching staff are likely to be considered first) and if you are accepted for furlough, you will:
- remain employed during the furlough period and your usual contractual terms will apply
- not be required to attend work or to carry out your work (including undertaking any e-learning), until we inform you that you are required to return to work,. You must remain available for work during this time so that we can bring you back immediately as the situation changes
- receive 80% of your wages even though you are not working. This is capped at £2,500 per month (calculated in accordance with HMRC guidelines) for the period of the furlough
Communicating with you
For speed and efficiency, our intention is to communicate with all staff via email address or their mobile phone.
It’s really important that we have your up-to-date details, so if you don’t have a work email address, please ensure we have your up-to-date details. You can email these to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01909537100 and leave a message with Reception.
To be considered for Furlough as outlined above
If you would like to be considered for Furlough, please click the link below and complete the short form.
Please complete this by 2 April at 5pm to be considered in this round of applications. Applications received after this date will be considered at the earliest opportunity.
- Applications will be considered based upon the critical operational needs of the business
- If you are accepted you will receive a letter or email to confirm that your Furlough application
- It is important that you keep us updated as to whether you have been advised to self-isolate or are ill as this may affect your entitlement to furlough