While we all get used to the new systems, flexi boarding will not be available for the first two weeks: pupils will be able to ‘bank’ their boarding nights from these weeks to be taken once flexi-boarding begins again.
Full and weekly boarding
Full and weekly boarders will be housed in either Mason (boys) or Gibbs (girls) for the first two weeks of the term. They will be allocated bedrooms and bathroom facilities in separate areas or floors of the House and according to year groups. Pupils will be asked to wipe taps after use if they are shared with other pupils from their year group.
- Within the boarding houses, social distancing within a year group is defined as ‘no contact’ but year groups may socialise with each other in Common rooms areas provided 2 metre social distance can be maintained
- Where possible one-way systems will operate in the boarding houses
- Face coverings may be worn in the boarding houses if wished and the new laundry arrangements will be explained by the Housemaster/mistress
- House kitchens will be utilised with permission from the Housemaster/mistress and under new guidelines. Pupils should not share cups, drinks or food
- Unfortunately parents/family members cannot be allowed access to the sleeping areas of boarding houses at drop off