Worksop College and Ranby House places the individual at the heart of the educational experience; it is a Woodard School in the Anglican tradition and so, within a Christian context it aims to:
- Develop resilient, adaptable, independent learners;
- Support, challenge and extend the academic and individual endeavour of every member of its community, regardless of ability, background, gender, nationality or creed;
- Develop strength of character through a diverse extra-curricular programme, leadership and service, and the promotion of sound moral values for each individual;
- Provide a supportive community, based on the House system; to act in loco parentis and to provide an environment that nurtures, encourages and guides pupils for their time at the School and in preparation for the future;
- Build upon its charitable aims and grow its sound financial foundation for future generations.