Available to all pupils who have parents living overseas; Sherwood Guardians provides a host family located near to Worksop College and Ranby House, for your child to stay with during Exeats and half-term holidays.
Owner Michael Fagan is a former member of teaching staff at Worksop College with 24 years' experience of running a guardianship scheme.
The scheme enables your child to stay in a friendly, family atmosphere close to the school - giving them a taste of life in a British family, as well as life in a British boarding school, and really helping to enhance their language and social skills.
For parents living overseas, this scheme provides an excellent and cost-effective alternative to other guardianship companies.
Sherwood Guardians is an AEGIS accredited guardianship.
Why Sherwood Guardians?
- Help to improve your child's understanding and use of English, by placing them with a British family
- Their guardian, with help from host families, is there to assist your child with all personal administration, including travel arrangements, BRP assistance, and opening a bank account – amongst other things
- A host family helps a child to settle – leading to significantly improved academic success
- A guardian and host family is available is available to take pupils to university visits and open days – providing support for the important step
- Pupils placed with host families take part in regular family trips, ensuring your child has a greater understanding of British culture
- A guardian and host family will work with the school to identify and overcome academic problems
- A host family will work with the school to identify and overcome academic problems
- Provide a home-from-home, including counselling and personal advice
- A guardian and host family can be relied upon to independently pursue complaints or concerns as necessary, providing an important safeguard for your child