College Pines is a on-site 18-hole golf course - collegepinesgolfclub.co.uk
College Pines runs a full course all year, it is a par 73 and rarely closes due to adverse weather.
The College also has a short game area where our students can practice.
Golf Analysis Room
In 2018, the Golf Analysis Room with Trackman technology opened. Worksop College is one of the few schools in England with a Trackman radar, in purpose-built analysis room. Within the analysis room there are two bays which allow students to be taught in pairs, as one receives coaching the other can practice.
The analysis room gives students a unique opportunity to practise what they have learnt immediately and then return to the tuition bay to confirm they are practising correctly.
The practice facility is used for indoor training during the winter months, evenings or bad weather.
If you are interested in hiring the Golf Analysis Room, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What is Trackman?
Trackman is a golf launch monitor, which can be used inside or outside. As the name suggests, it tracks the flight of the golf ball, as well as the movement of the club. The flight of the ball is then projected onto a large screen in the swing room for instance feedback. Trackman also provides the user with numerous data parameters, which can then be used to help coach our pupils, some of these include: club head speed, ball speed, smash factor, spin rate, launch angle, plus many more. For further information, visit: https://trackmangolf.com
Worksop College and Ranby House is a centre of excellence for sport, and we are fortunate in having outstanding facilities for a wide range of activities.
For information on how to apply for a scholarship and the application process, click here.
A Golf Scholar at Worksop College can expect:
- three timetabled sessions per week at College pines, plus additional play in their spare time
- access to the driving range and short game area
- personalised strength and conditioning
- individual lessons within the analysis room with our resident professional
- entry into the HMC and ISGA competitions which are the top national public school events - subject to numbers and availability students may also be entered in other national and regional school events.