We are committed to providing the very best in musical education and offer remarkable opportunities for gifted musicians.
Music Scholarships are available to candidates who show considerable ability and potential on any instrument, including the voice.
Music Scholars must be enthusiastic and able musicians who can demonstrate their passion for the subject as well as their technical skill.
The ability to play a second instrument is an advantage, although outstanding performers on just one instrument or voice are welcome to apply.
- Team of specialist music teachers offering expert tuition
- Outstanding ensemble and choral experience
- Support with practice: supervised early-morning practice and tailored practice sessions built into in the weekly routine
- Centre of choral excellence
- Classes in music theory and aural skills
- Masterclasses, lectures/seminars, workshops, trips and tours
- Worksop Music Concert Series
- Extensive range of performance opportunities both in and beyond the College
- Year 9 'Music +' course; additional academic music lessons for those considering taking GCSE Music
Music Scholars will be mentored throughout their time at Worksop College to ensure they become the best musicians that they can be.